Being a good neighbour and bringing value to our community is at the heart of our operations
It’s why we created a Public Advisory Committee.
Our Public Advisory Committee (PAC) brings together voices, opinions, and ideas from residents, community groups, Indigenous peoples, municipal partners and GFL representatives to identify opportunities for improving how we interact and support the Delta community and surrounding areas.
We know that working together enhances community engagement, education and understanding of our GFL Delta Organics facilities and their operations. This means our work as a PAC will include addressing concerns or challenges related to:
- Facility impact mitigation, including problems related to odour management, traffic safety and other matters identified by GFL management of PAC
- Community outreach activities and strategies, including public consultation, local economic development and other community-oriented work
- Community grants and policies, including community outreach events, programs, and partnerships
- Environmental sustainability initiatives, including debris management and local habitat and animal impacts
Our PAC is a focus group and a resource for GFL and all community members on issues related to safety, health and the environment. Our goal is that this advisory body’s work will make recommendations to GFL management that will serve our community, organization and industry for years to come.
Do you have a concern, question or comment for the Public Advisory Committee? Please submit it below using the contact form.
We know our region is diverse, and we want the Public Advisory Committee (PAC) to represent that. That’s why our membership includes a variety of unique perspectives, including across age, gender, ethnicity and expertise. For example, we have committed to including the following voices:
- At least one PAC member, 25 or younger, to ensure we include a youth perspective
- Representation from the local Indigenous community
- Those with experience in environmental and safety compliance
- A member of the community with direct community involvement experience
The PAC can also appoint additional members based on a need for specific expertise, should a concern or issue require it.
And importantly, while we want to include as many voices as possible, we want to keep the PAC to an appropriate number to ensure everyone can contribute.