We want to be good neighbours and bring value to our community. Please feel free to submit your comments and feedback using the form below.
The types of organic materials that can be accepted are the GFL Delta Composting facility are documented in our approvals with Metro Vancouver. GFL employees work to reject loads of acceptable materials before they are tipped in our receiving building, and pick unacceptable materials out of the receiving area for appropriate disposal. Acceptable and Unacceptable Material in our permits are provided below.
The Facility may accept for composting purposes the following types of Compostable Material which are considered Municipal Solid Waste:
- Food Waste
- Yard Waste
- Soiled Paper
- Packaged Organic Waste
- Waxed Corrugated Cardboard
- Clean wood waste that has not been treated with anti-sapstain or other wood preserving chemicals,
- Other materials specifically authorized in writing by the Solid Waste Manager and such authorization shall be deemed to form part of this Licence.
For Co-composting purposes, the Facility may accept the following types of Compostable Material which are not considered Municipal Solid Waste:
- Industrial organic waste, other than that specifically excluded in the Unacceptable Material Section below
- Agricultural organic water, other than that specifically excluded in the Unacceptable Material Section below
- Bulk Liquids
- Other materials specifically authorized in writing by the Solid Waste Manager.
The Facility shall not accept any materials while the Facility’s primary composting aeration system is non-functional.
The Facility shall not accept:
- Any other waste not authorized in Acceptable Material section above of this Licence and specifically not:
- Hazardous waste
- Biosolids, wastewater treatment plant sludge, grit, and screenings.
- Dead animals, abattoir waste, hatchery waste, fish waste and chicken manure
- Wood other than clean wood waste that has not been treated with anti-sapstain or other wood preserving chemicals.