Visit us often to stay up-to-date on news and updates specific to our GFL Delta Composting facility.
To see our corporate news and updates, please click here.
Yes, materials that are banned or restricted from disposal by Metro Vancouver are described in the GFL Delta Composting facility permits as shown below. Our receiving area is designed to take acceptable materials including yard waste, clean wood waste, and food waste, while our team works to separate other materials on this list for transfer to other appropriate facilities.
Disposal of the following materials are banned or restricted. They are either recyclable or hazardous.
- Yard Waste
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Office Paper
- Gypsum Waste
- Lead Acid Batteries
- Electronic Waste
- Paints Solvents and Flammable Liquids
- Clean Wood Waste
- Medications/ Pharmaceuticals
- Blue Box Recyclable Material
- Beverage Containers (all except milk)
- Oil Filters and Empty Oil Containers
- Pesticides, Solvents and other Household Hazardous Waste
- Food Waste
All reasonable efforts shall be made to recover recyclable material from all materials received at the Facility, for the purpose of recycling.